Hickling & Squires
1 Dunsil Road
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you engage with our website, only collecting information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
- Name (including title);
- Phone number;
- Email address;
- The date and time you used our services;
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
- Your IP address;
- The internet browser and devices you are using;
- Cookie, Pixels or Beacon information (for more information please see our Cookie
- The website address from which you accessed our website;
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title,
company contact details (including email addresses), company details (some of which
we may obtain from an online or public business directories);
- Voice recordings of calls you leave on our answerphones
- Any information within correspondence you send to us.
What do we use your information for?
We will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to: Contact you from time to time about promotions, services or information which we think may be of interest to you (don’t worry, we won’t bombard you).
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell or share your information to third parties.
How long do we keep your information for?
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer or a provider of services), we hold your personal information for up to 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims if required to do so.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, brochure, quotation or any other information on any of our services, we hold your personal information for 1 year and 6 months from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you request us to carry out work. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it for any legal reasons
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Correct and update your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it). Please see further How do we use
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to
use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the
Hickling & Squires, 1 Dunsil Road, Moorgreen, Newthorpe, Nottinghamshire, NG16 3TN
This policy was last modified on 15th January 2019